Online Chapel – Orthodox Christian Daily Readings (English and Greek)
Please Note: To see readings in full, for both in English and in Greek, please click on the readings inside the box.
The Twelve Great Feast Days of the Orthodox Church
There are twelve great feast. These days commemorate and present us to the historic presence of major events in the lives of our Lord Jesus Christ, and his Holy Mother. Seven greats feasts in honour of our Lord Jesus Christ, and five great feasts honouring the Theotokos. These constitute the twelve great feast days.
The twelve great feast days are as follows:
- September 8, the Nativity of the Theotokos
- September 14, the Elevation of the Holy Cross
- November 21, the Presentation of the Theotokos
- December 25, the Nativity of Christ (Christmas)
- January 6, Theophany, the Baptism of Christ
- February 2, the Presentation of Christ
- March 25, the Annunciation
- The Sunday before Pascha, Palm Sunday
- Forty Days after Pascha, the Ascension of Christ
- Fifty Days after Pascha, Pentecost
- August 6, the Transfiguration
- August 15, the Dormition (Falling Asleep) of the Theotokos
For more information on the feast days, and the icons for the twelve feast days, please click on any of the links below.
Saint Sebastian the Holy Martyr and his companions, 18 December This glorious saint was born in Italy and brought up in the city of Milan. While..
Άγιος Σεβαστιανός ο ένδοξος Μάρτυς και οι συν αυτώ, 18 Δεκεμβρίου